Veg Kurma | South Indian Korma Recipe

South Indian Veg Kurma

I'm going to share with you a simple and at the same time healthy recipe which is called vegetable kurma. This curry is many people's favorite one because of the spicy things.


Veg kurma recipe full


Veg Kurma 

First, you can add as many vegetables you want here I have added potatoes, carrots, and beans. So let's start, Now this is like a one-pot recipe so I'm going to make this vegetable kurma in one single cooker so let's start with the beater now so we are going to make a paste it's a coconut paste so I'm going to take about 2 tablespoons of coconut like 5 to 6 cashews, 1 green chili, and a spoon of fennel seeds, and a spoon of poppy seeds suggest blend it into a fine paste you can add water so the consistency should look like thick, So just keep it aside we are going to add this at the end of the Kurma.


Turn On the Stove

So now I place a pressure cooker and so here I am using a steel pressure cooker from prestige it's a file at a pressure cooker. I'm going to add about 2 tbsp of oil and I am going to add 2 cloves 1 green cardamom 1 in cinnamon 1 spoon of fennel seeds 1 bay leaves and 1/2 spoon of Jadikai and yes basically whole garam masalas suggest give it a good stir and then followed by finely chopped onions so I've chopped alike one a big sized onion into Julian's and also to slitted green chilies so just give it a good stir and we are going to cook this onion until it becomes softer so close the lid and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes now I'm going to add freshly grind our ginger garlic paste so I always prefer to grind ginger garlic fresh because it gives you a lot of flavor and aroma to your entire Calma and again closes the lid and cook for a minute.


Add Accurate Consistency

Now I'm going to add about two medium slice sized tomatoes that are sliced into julienne and again give it a good stir add salt so that the tomatoes gets cooked faster so I'm going to cook this for about two minutes with a lid closed so make sure to keep the flame on medium and the tomatoes are well cooked now to this I'm going to add the powder masala starting off with half spoon of turmeric powder 1 spoon of kashmiri chilli powder 1 spoon of coriander powder you can use plain chili powder as well and give it a good stir make sure to keep the flame on low while you add the masalas give it a good stir for a minute and I'm going to add vegetables here I've taken carrot peas and potatoes so I'm going to add a small cup of carrot a small cup a cup of beans and also a small cup of potato you can add cauliflower you can add as many vegetables you want you can add peas so this is such a healthy recipe and you can complement this recipe with naan chapati poori dosa and again I'm going to give it a good stir now until all the masalas gets fell into each pieces of the vegetable.


I'm going to add the coconut paste which we have grind out earlier so again give it a nice stir so that's it we are pretty much about 70 by 75% so now I'm going to add the required salt and water here I'm adding like about a cup of water you can add as much water you want so if you want more gravy you can add more water and that's it finally at 1/2 a spoon of garam masala just give it a good quick stir and when it starts to bubbles like this you can close the lid and pressure cook it so I'm going to place the whistle and on medium flame leave for 2 whistles and that's it your karma will be ready now.

Also Read: Mayonnaise Recipe 

Veg Kurma Making - Conclusion

This is how I make vegetable korma very easy and a simple recipe and at the same time very delicious you can compliment with chapatti naan Cooke polka and also dosa so I always prefer to practice for my kid's lunchbox he loves this recipe so much he eats along with the chapati or paratha please to try this recipe at home and let me know in the comment section you can please share your valuable comments in the comment section so I'm just going to garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves and that's it this is how I make vegetable korma very easy it's like a one-pot and recipe please to try it at home.

Post a Comment

புதியது பழையவை